You’ve stood by the shore, but you want more. Somewhere in the hills of possibility, you intuitively know lie even more subtle dynamics, nuanced details and musicality. Like the sages of old you understand that this will entail a quest. The mystic mountain of perfect reproduction is only hinted at through the clouds blanketing the peak. So, with the walking stick of your passion and desire, you start the ascent. Along the path is an ancient orchard. You notice the sweet sounds of song birds. No aural liqueur has ever sounded so enticing. This honey mead is the sound of the DGA-2, a kiss of sweetness and intoxication.
Damn Great Amp DGA-2+RAM new for 2019
Whammerdyne “Damn Great Amp” (DGA2+RAM) new 2019
Here with our DGA2+RAM model we share the DNA from our flagship “Truth” amplifier design + some new circuit topology innovation changes. This model takes its design cosmetics from our newly revised DGA-1 single chassis amplifier. But with a new twist we have incorporated the RAM (Remote Advanced Magnetics) on a single external chassis with both output transformers. Newly designed custom output transformers by Monolith Magnetics are used (The best audio output transformers made in the world) (7) extremely low noise regulated DC supplies now feed every circuit independently. Special design features addressing temperature control internally for stable no drift operation. These power supplies all support an impressive headroom so current limiting is a non issue. Total electrical internal chassis and magnetics induced noise is reduced even further with our (Dual RAM externally mounted output transformers) Hum and noise now a low 60 or less millionths of a volt (60 micro volts, 120 or greater dB down) Pure class A operation with zero feedback. Our newly updated E-Z bias system sporting two continuous reading LED left and Right 2A3 current set meters. This amp comes alive with uncanny transparency and an open air sound stage. It’s as if the musicians and performance are right in the room with you.
“The Finest 2A3 Amplifiers on Planet Earth”
- Alps matched tracking type input volume control, direct coupled to gain stage (no capacitors).
- Two sets RCA input jacks “selectable input 1 and 2”
- 6DJ8/6922 (upgraded to NOS match section) input gain/drive tube is DC coupled by our unique Z-Direct coupling circuit. (a true industry breakthrough, no other amplifier on the planet “except ours” features this innovation) Its the perfect coupling topology
- Output tubes 2A3 (upgraded to NOS, gain and current matched) The 2A3’s run on regulated DC supplies and DC filaments. NO limitation is placed on the A/C audio signal path. (another industry first with our exclusive DC coupled design) Output transformers utilized are gapped for 60-80 mA standing DC current and of enhanced core materials of wide-band design. Custom manufactured for us by Monolith Magnetics (Extremely low distortion and low phase shift, low insertion loss)
- Speakers 4 and 8 ohm output taps using 5 way binding posts located on RAM remote chassis
- RAM chassis uses a custom umbilical cable built by us with silver content wire and Teflon insulation all connected by locking gold pin plated aircraft quality connector (ultra low contact resistance)
- EZ bias system utilizing dual LED panel meters with indicated “set” point bias takes only a few seconds and only needs adjustment as tubes age. (it also doubles as a built in real in circuit tube condition tester)
- one minute turn on timer circuit to stabilize DC currents and heaters, standby at turn on LED Red goes to Green on power up
- Internals of amplifier are dual mono all power supplies and regulators (same as having two mono amplifiers without the added cost!)
- 4.22 watts per channel, peak power 7.5 watts per channel (both channels driven)
- Wide-band hum and noise less than 60 micro-volts. (about 120 dB down) varies some with different selections of tubes
- 2nd harmonic down – 45 dB at 1 watt, 3rd harmonic – 62 dB, 4th -72 dB (5th and on not measurable, below the limits of our spectrum analyzer )
- Bandwidth +/- 1 dB 12 Hz –30 KHz +/- 3 dB 7 Hz-65 KHz (Phase shift in audio pass band less than 1 degree)
- 114 watts, line at 120 volts AC 60 Hz.
- Dimensions: 14″ wide x 11″ tall x 14″ deep weight 35 Lbs. RAM remote transformer chassis 9″ wide x 9″ tall x 7.5″ deep weight 15 Lbs.
- Handcrafted in Oregon, USA
- Headphone 1/4 inch jack option mounted on RAM module add $ 350.00
Priced at $4700.00 ** plus shipping
50% deposit and 30 day estimated delivery