You’ve stood by the shore, but you want more. Somewhere in the hills of possibility, you intuitively know lie even more subtle dynamics, nuanced details and musicality. Like the sages of old you understand that this will entail a quest. The mystic mountain of perfect reproduction is only hinted at through the clouds blanketing the peak. So, with the walking stick of your passion and desire, you start the ascent. Along the path is an ancient orchard. You notice the sweet sounds of song birds. No aural liqueur has ever sounded so enticing. This honey mead is the sound of the DGA-2, a kiss of sweetness and intoxication.
Damn Good Amp DGA-2
Whammerdyne “Damn Great Amp” (DGA2)
Base power supply docking station fully regulated DC all supply voltages, extremely low noise.
- Alps type input volume control, direct coupled to gain stage.
- 6DJ8/6922 (upgraded to NOS) input gain/drive tube DC coupled by our unique Z-Direct coupling circuit.
- Output tubes 2A3 (upgraded, user can select either option) type all grid biased and run on regulated DC supplies and DC filaments. Output transformers utilized are gapped for 60-80ma standing dc current and of wideband design.
- EZ bias system utilizing analog panel meter with indicated “set” point bias takes only a few minutes and only needs adjustment as tubes age.
- Indicated and preliminary measured specifications:
- Three watts per channel, peak power 5.5 watts per channel
- Wideband hum and noise less than 300 microvolts.
- Bandwidth +/- 1 Db 15 Hz –45 KHz +/- 3 Db 10 Hz-75 KHz
- 107 watts, line at 117 volts AC 60 Hz.
- Full specifications coming soon
Initial pricing at $2900.00* ** plus shipping