You awake from your reverie to a clarion call. The audio pilgrims’ great journey must continue, taking you into even more rarified atmospheres where the muses sing and dance with delight. Here are steep slopes only the technically prepared mountain goats dare to navigate. The unfortunate and unprepared may fall, but musical Truth comes into even clearer focus as one’s eyes look towards the summit. This is place of hawks whose cry reverberates with such clarity and presence that you feel more alive. Your soul gets its high octane boost from the first child of Truth. Here the DAA-3 rules a kingdom beyond the grasp of mass production, beyond the limitations of being crippled by trying to make it fit into a price point. In this rarified realm there is only one way to go, up. Having travelled this far, with Olympus so near, give yourself the experience of the Ultimate Truth.
Damn Awesome Amp DAA-3
Whammerdyne “Damn Awesome Amp” (DAA-3)
Power Docking Base (an industry first)
Base power supply is “docked” to “amplifier module”, 100% total isolation of amplifier and power supply (6) fully regulated DC ultra-low noise supplies in the power base enclosure.
Amplifier module (DAA3)
- (Dual) auto-former (Left & Right channels) Front panel input volume controls. These are custom wound tapped transformers of ultra-wide bandwidth with a precision 23 step volume controls
- Dual RCA source inputs, selectable (Input 1 and Input 2)
- Large 3.5-inch front panel relative power meter as used on our truth flagship. Auto ranging for easy viewing at a distance. Lighted (red upon power up 4 minutes times out, white at operate)
- 6DJ8/6922 input gain/drive tube DC coupled by our unique Z-Direct coupling circuit to the output stage. (TRUE DC stage coupled, no capacitors in the signal path) We use a hand computer graded and matched** section NOS (New Old Stock) of the highest quality
- Ultra-custom made matched output transformers special core material and high bandwidth, extremely low insertion loss, low distortion and low DCR design. -1 Db down 12Hz and 95 Khz gapped for 60 Ma standing current not subject to dc saturation
- 2A3 output tubes (upgraded, user can select either of 3 options*) Option 1, is NOS (New Old Stock) matched pairs USA made. Tubes are managed in a perfect operating environment by a true negative grid bias and run on regulated DC supplies and DC filaments
- EZ bias system utilizing analog panel meter with indicated “set” point bias takes only a few minutes and only needs adjustment as tubes age. Built in tube condition tester
- Four+ watts per channel, peak power 6.5 watts per channel
- Wideband hum and noise less than 100 microvolts. (both channels)
- Bandwidth – 3Db down 6 Hz and 130 KHz. Bandwidth +/- 1 Db 12 Hz –95 KHz 2nd harmonic down 72 Db at rated power
- Signal to Noise better than 115 Db
- 117 watts, line at 117 volts AC 60 Hz.
- Warranty 5 years amplifier and power base, 90 days tubes
- Provided with New Old Stock issue 2A3 tubes and 6DJ8/6922 (Matched pairs and matched section NOS) ** Hand selected tubes are from our vast inventory of New Old stock tubes and Old stock tubes. Precision matched and graded on an Amplitrex AT-1000 computer test unit (We provide printed test results and matching results with the amplifier) Inquire when ordering about tube options 2 and 3
Initial pricing at $4900.00* ** plus shipping