On the lake, water birds glide gracefully with harmonious precision, the subtleties of each feather reflected on the calm surface of the glassy pond. In like fashion, the DGA-1 reflects the spell- binding quality of the sonic moment. If that moment has thunder claps or gentle waves meeting the beach, it is given to you in a way you can feel to the depth of your being. You will be blessed by its presence, if you take the opportunity to listen to this, the most basic member of the Whammerdyne Truth family.
Damn Good Amp DGA-1 new for 2019
Whammerdyne “Damn Good Amp” (DGA-1) Newly revised for 2019
What you get with our entry model. Direct input no capacitors from the volume control to input of 6922 gain/drive tube. Pure DC coupling with no capacitors, resistors or transformers between the input 6922 tube and the 2A3 output tubes. The chassis is a single unit all heavy gauge machined aluminum with an internal layout that minimizes interaction with the power transformer and output transformers (specially shielded). (7) Fully regulated DC filaments and tube plate (B+) power supplies. Pure class A operation, Zero Feedback. Tubes as installed will be NEW issue and fully tested/matched. We have integrated an updated version of our E-Z bias topology so now bias is even simpler using only two trim controls takes seconds and continually reads out on dual LED current meters. We use proven design technology derived from our upper models in many key circuits. Very low measured wide-band hum and noise, over 115 dB down (you will not hear any noise/hiss in your efficient speakers) The sound is fast, transparent, detailed, bass has impact, unlike all other brands of SE amplifiers on the market.
Options: NOS (New Old Stock) computer matched tubes at additional cost. We also offer an optional level 1 output transformer upgrade giving you added bandwidth this lowers phase shift in the audio band and the special core material lowers transformer distortion.
“The Finest 2A3 amplifiers on Planet Earth”
- Amplifier module Alps type input volume control, direct coupled to gain stage.
- Two RCA pairs of input jacks with input select control switch (1 and 2)
- 6DJ8/6922 input gain/drive tube DC coupled to the 2A3 output tubes. (New Issue Tubes, gain and section matched)
- Output tubes 2A3 type run on regulated DC supplies and DC filaments. Output transformers utilized are gapped for 60-70 mA standing dc current and of wide-band design. (high inductance, lower insertion loss)
- EZ bias system utilizing an LED digital segment display, continuous monitoring of selected output tube. Two E-Z access trim controls for bias adjust.
- 4 and 8 ohm speaker connection 5 way terminals
- Measured specifications:
- 4.2 watts per channel, peak power 6.5 watts per channel (both channels driven)
- Wide-band hum and noise less than 100 micro-volts. (with various tube sets this can vary, our lab tests have been as low as 70 micro-volts)
- Bandwidth +/- 1 dB 20 Hz –20 KHz +/- 3 dB 15 Hz-35 KHz (low phase shift)
- Transformer option upgrade 1 Bandwidth measures +/- 1 dB 18 Hz-28 KHz +/- 3 dB 14 Hz-50 KHz ( add $ 300.00)
- 120 VAC line voltage 114 watts
- Headphone 1/4 inch jack option (mounted on side panel of amplifier for a clean look) add $ 300.00
- Dimensions 14″ wide x 14″ deep x 11″ tall weight 40 Lbs.
- Optional NOS tube upgrades please inquire
Priced at $2950.00* ** plus shipping
Accepting pre-orders with 50% deposit, delivery estimated 30 days