On the lake, water birds glide gracefully with harmonious precision, the subtleties of each feather reflected on the calm surface of the glassy pond. In like fashion, the DGA-1 reflects the spell- binding quality of the sonic moment. If that moment has thunder claps or gentle waves meeting the beach, it is given to you in a way you can feel to the depth of your being. You will be blessed by its presence, if you take the opportunity to listen to this, the most basic member of the Whammerdyne Truth family.
Damn Good Amp DGA-1
Whammerdyne “Damn Good Amp” (DGA-1)
What you get with our entry model. Direct input no capacitors from the volume control to input of 6922 gain/drive tube. DC coupling with no capacitors, resistors or transformers between the input 6922 tube and the 2A3 output tubes. The chassis is a single unit with an internal layout that minimizes interaction with the power transformer and output transformers. Fully regulated DC filaments and tube plate (B+) power supplies. Pure class A operation, Zero Feedback. We use proven technology derived from our upper models in many key circuits. Very low wide-band hum and noise, over 100 dB down (you will not hear any noise/hiss in your efficient speakers) The sound is fast, transparent, detailed, bass has impact, unlike many other brands of SE amplifiers on the market.
PLEASE note: Pictured DGA-1 has the round Simpson current meter this will be replaced with a round smoked window with an LED electronic numeric display . A select switch is installed to view current on each 2A3 tube
- Amplifier module Alps type input volume control, direct coupled to gain stage.
- Two RCA pairs of input jacks with input select control switch
- 6DJ8/6922 input gain/drive tube DC coupled to the 2A3 outputs tubes. (New Issue)
- Output tubes 2A3 type run on regulated DC supplies and DC filaments. Output transformers utilized are gapped for 60-80ma standing dc current and of wide-band design.
- EZ bias system utilizing an LED digital segment display, continuous monitoring of selected output tube. Two EZ access trim controls for bias adjust.
- 4 and 8 ohm speaker connection 5 way terminals
- Indicated and preliminary measured specifications:
- 3.2 watts per channel, peak power 4.5 watts per channel
- Wide-band hum and noise less than 300 microvolts.
- Bandwidth +/- 1 Db 25 Hz –35 KHz +/- 3 Db 14 Hz-55 KHz
Initial offering pricing at $1900.00* ** plus shipping
Accepting pre-orders with 50% deposit, delivery estimated 90 days