On the lake, water birds glide gracefully with harmonious precision, the subtleties of each feather reflected on the calm surface of the glassy pond. In like fashion, the DGA-1 reflects the spell- binding quality of the sonic moment. If that moment has thunder claps or gentle waves meeting the beach, it is given to you in a way you can feel to the depth of your being. You will be blessed by its presence, if you take the opportunity to listen to this, the most basic member of the Whammerdyne Truth family.
Damn Good Amp DGA-1
Whammerdyne “Damn Good Amp” (DGA1)
Base power supply docking station fully regulated DC all supply voltages, extremely low noise.
- Alps type input volume control, direct coupled to gain stage.
- 6DJ8/6922 input gain/drive tube DC coupled by our unique Z-Direct coupling circuit.
- Output tubes 2A3 type all grid biased and run on regulated DC supplies and DC filaments. Output transformers utilized are gapped for 60-80ma standing dc current and of wideband design.
- EZ bias system utilizing analog panel meter with indicated “set” point bias takes only a few minutes and only needs adjustment as tubes age.
- Indicated and preliminary measured specifications:
- Three watts per channel, peak power 5.5 watts per channel
- Wideband hum and noise less than 300 microvolts.
- Bandwidth +/- 1 Db 18 Hz –35 KHz +/- 3 Db 14 Hz-55 KHz
- 107 watts, line at 117 volts AC 60 Hz.
- Full specifications coming soon
Initial pricing at $1900.00* ** plus shipping
Accepting pre-orders with 50% deposit, delivery estimated 90 days